And now, I’m going to share the recipe for Air Fryer Frozen French Fries! These are beloved by children and of course, adults. Also, an extremely easy to make side dish you can make straight from frozen without oil. Believe me these Air Fryer Frozen French Fries turn out perfectly crispy externally and soft internally!
Air Fryer i Use
You can probably find a lot of ways to use your Air Fryer. I am using the one by Ninja brand, and it works double duty as a counter oven, and dehydrator, indoor grill … so perhaps it’s really 4 times duty, 😊!
The reason I really like it, is it saves me a lot of time and makes my fries and other recipes extra crispy without the necessity for a huge amount of extra oil. Whatever kind of Air Fryer you’re using, you will end up shocked once you see how easy it is to create frozen French fries in your air fryer, right out of freezer! Believe me, these fries will undoubtedly be on repeat at your home also.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Ingredients
My bag of French Fries is always available within the freezer for when it’s time for dinner and we want a straightforward, crispy, kids friendly side dish to go with our main dish. Frozen French fries are the thing!
Some tips about what you’ll need to make your French fries:
- Frozen French Fries , you can use any brand you like as long as they’re relatively the same size. Alexia might be my personal favorite brand, but go with the ones you prefer.
- Salt and Pepper: this is optional, you can season it according to your liking.
Notes for Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Ok, the most crucial thing here’s following: Don’t put to much fries in your the air fryer. The air within the air fryer must circulate to be able to cook evenly, and you never wish to end up getting your fries with burnt ends and some which can end up soggy and not cooked nicely. It’s much safer to cook frozen french fries batch by batch, rather than overfill your air fryer. The maximum fries that can fit is determined by your model, but as a guideline just make an effort to leave a little room between the majority of the fries.
How long to cook Frozen French fries in the air fryer?
Very fast! Once you preheat your air fryer, it takes merely 15 -18 minutes to cook them, according to what type of fries you’re cooking.
Cook Time & Temperature:
· Normal Frozen French Fries: 15 minutes at 400 F, shaking and toss them once halfway through.
· Steak Fries, Waffle Cut or Crinkle Cut: 18 minutes at 400 F, shaking and toss them once halfway through.
The Best Air Fryer For Frozen French Fries
Many Air Fryers are pretty decent and simple to use, however there are several which come built with features that you might or might not need. As an example, a timer could be very handy for anyone who would like to know just how much time is left for the food to be ready.
Additional feature that you might want the capability of your air fryer to work without the oil. Not surprisingly, this version is the healthiest and you might want a advanced fryer for different recipes.
These are additional couple of things to bear in mind as you make your fries.
- There’s no need to thaw your frozen french fries before you cook them. Cook them straight from freezer!
- For these frozen fries recipe, no added oil is necessary.
- Frozen French Fries are bought precooked, meaning they’ve been partially cooked and simply need the finish by you. They usually already contain some oil and seasonings, and will cook quicker than potatoes that are fresh.
- 1 lb of Frozen French Fries
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Heat up your Air Fryer to 400 F.
- When it’s preheated, add the fries right to the air fryer basket (without any oil). Spread out your french fries equally.
- Set the closed air fryer to 15 min. After 7-8 minutes, shake or toss the fries within the basket.
- After they’re done take away the fries, season to taste, and serve!