So what do the Eastern states miss apart from “In-N-Out” burgers? The famous boiling crab. It’s so hard to resist eating with your bare fingers like a savage. And this Boiling Crab Shrimp Copycat Recipe will take you straight to Boiling Crab. Now, for anyone Read More
Author: Cooking Frog
Though you may have tried many recipes belonging to different cuisine styles, some stay very close to your heart. It brings memories of your childhood and your grandmother’s traditional style of cooking. The dried beef cheese ball recipe is one of them. It is a Read More
Chicken Kiev is a Russian-origin dish made from chicken fillets rolled with bread and eggs. These can be fried or baked. In simple words, a chicken kiev is almost similar to that of a chicken cutlet. Butter, eggs, bread and chicken breast are the main ingredients used to make this super-hit main course dish.
While the taste is all classic and traditional, chicken kiev gives you a lot of room to try out different types of stuffing, as per your creativity.
How hard is it to make Chicken Kiev?
Before we proceed to tell you how to make the classic chicken kiev, here is a disclaimer. This dish is not suitable for beginners, because it is slightly complex to make it. Making a perfect chicken kiev can only be mastered by professional chefs that have lots of experience. If you want to taste the goodness of chicken, garlic and butter in their finest forms, preparing a chicken kiev is the best solution.
Some things to know about making the perfect chicken kiev
- Many people have tried to make a healthy version of this dish by omitting the deep-frying part. They tried to directly bake the chicken breasts for about 45 minutes, after preheating the oven at 400F. While baked chicken kiev does taste very good, it doesn’t have the crispiness that makes the garlic butter flavors stand out.
- One of the major problems that you may face while cooking chicken kiev is the possibility of the butter leaking out while frying. In some traditional Russian kitchens, frozen butter is used to fill up the center of the chicken breasts. They are then inserted on cocktail sticks and kept in the freezer for about 3 hours, before they are fried in hot oil. Since the butter & spices have settled well inside the chicken kiev, the chances of leaking of butter are almost nil.
You can try out any of these methods and relish the beautiful flavors of garlic butter & other spices when you break open the perfect chicken kiev.
Pin the image below if you like this recipe!
Classic Chicken Kiev
Original Chicken Kiev Recipe
By: Cooking Frog
- Garlic cloves – 2 (minced or crushed)
- Salt – as needed
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter – 6 tablespoons (be generous with the butter to make this dish taste yummy)
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts – 4 pieces (about 8 ounces of total weight)
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Freshly ground pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Eggs (beaten)-2
- Bread crumbs – 2 cups
- Cayenne pepper – 1 pinch
- Oil – as needed (for frying purposes)
- Step 1 Crush the garlic, salt and parsley coarsely with the help of a pestle and motor.
- Step 2 Add butter to this crushed mixture and mix well until all the contents mix well.
- Step 3 Use plastic wrap to cover this butter mixture. Leave the wrapped mixture in the fridge to settle down for about 15 minutes. By this time, the flavors of garlic and parsley would have been absorbed well by the butter.
- Step 4 Use the salt and pepper spices to season the chicken breasts. Now stretch out the chicken breasts nicely. Then, apply about ¼ of the butter mixture in the center of each of the breasts.
- Step 5 Keep folding the narrow ends of the chicken breast until you reach the butter mixture. Thus, you see that tight pockets are formed near the butter.
- Step 6 Now bring the sides of the breast to the center, so that the entire shape turns into a ball. Do you want to know if you have folded the chicken breasts properly? Here is a tip. Check the top of the chicken breast. It should be soft & smooth. Now, check the bottom portion of the chicken breast. They will be gathered.
- Step 7 Once you notice this pattern, wrap each of the chicken breasts tightly with the help of a plastic wrap. Repeat the steps for all the breasts.
- Step 8 You should keep all the wrapped chicken breasts on a plate, and then leave the plate in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This is the time given for the bottom, gathered portion of the chicken breasts to hold together firmly.
- Step 9 Now, you have to take three bowls. In the first bowl, add the all-purpose flour and salt. Whisk the contents well. In the second bowl, beat the eggs nicely. Transfer the bread crumbs to the third bowl.
- Step 10 After 15 minutes, take out the wrapped chicken breasts from the refrigerator.
- Step 11 Roll the chicken breasts very gently into the first bowl (flour & salt mixture). Shake the pieces gently to remove additional flour. Now, dip the flour-coated chicken breasts into the second bowl of beaten eggs. Then press them nicely in the third bowl of bread crumb mixture. Repeat the steps until all the chicken breasts are coated with bread crumbs.
- Step 12 Place these bread-coated chicken breasts on a plate. Cover the plate tightly with plastic wrap, and allow it to settle in the freezer for about 15 to 2o minutes.
- Step 13 Heat some oil in a deep frying pan. Wait until the oil temperature reaches 350 degrees F. Simultaneously, preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F.
- Step 14 Prepare the baking sheet ready by lining it with aluminum foils.
- Step 15 When you take out the chicken breasts from the freezer, gently insert one by one in the deep-frying pan and fry for a minute until both sides of the breasts turn golden brown.
- Step 16 Take out only if both sides are slightly browned. Place the fried chicken breasts directly on the baking sheet. Garnish the meat with some salt & cayenne pepper.
- Step 17 Place the baking sheet in the oven, and bake the chicken breasts for about 15 minutes. You can hear the sounds of the butter sizzling inside the breasts when they are being baked. With the meat thermometer, keep checking the internal temperature of the chicken kiev. Stop the baking timer, when the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
- Step 18 Please take out the chicken kiev from the oven and transfer them to a serving plate. Wait for about 5 to 10 minutes, before you start relishing them.
This Homemade Beef Tapa is an authentic dish that has its origin in the Philippines. Tapa is usually made from cured and dried meat. Though beef is most commonly used for making the tapa, other dishes like mutton, horse meat and venison are also used Read More
This authentic recipe has been named after the famous Mount Vesuvius Volcano in Campania, Italy. Some also believe that this dish is named thus, because it was first served in a restaurant in the Vesuvio district of Chicago. The chicken Vesuvio is one of the Read More
Chicken is one of the most versatile meats that you will ever come across. Hundreds of recipes can be made from chicken, and all of them taste great, because of the tenderness of the meat. Here, let us see how to make this crispy and spicy Chicken 65, one of the most popular and classic chicken starters across the globe.
The spices that the chicken is marinated in seep well into the meat, transporting you to heaven directly, when you bite into the chunks.
There are different theories as to why Chicken 65 got its name. While some believe that in the olden days, the chicken was marinated for 65 days to make the perfect dish, some others think that this dish got its name because the meat was cut into 65 pieces when cooking it.
However, the truth behind the name of this dish is that it was first prepared in the year 1965 at the restaurants of one of Chennai’s iconic hotels, Buhari.
Some points to note while making Chicken 65
- The common marinating ingredient to use is yogurt. However, if you don’t want to use yogurt, you can use eggs. Please note that using eggs can make the chicken turn soggy very soon. It also doesn’t give out a good smell.
- You can omit yogurt and egg when marinating. You can still use only the spice powders, and keep the chicken pieces in the refrigerator. When you take out the bowl from the fridge, you can add a little water to mix the contents well. The chicken pieces will still be tender and juicy, even if you don’t use yogurt or eggs.
- You can add 3 to 4 tablespoons of tomato ketchup to the chili sauce for a tangy flavor while preparing the gravy.
- Garnishing with spring onions will make the dish look and taste more authentic than you ever imagined.
Crispy and tasty chicken 65 recipe
Pin the image below if you like this Chicken 65 Recipe!
Crispy and Spicy Chicken 65 Easy Recipe
By: Cooking Frog
- Boneless chicken pieces – ¼ kg
- Yogurt – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Corn flour or rice flour – 2 tablespoons
- Egg – 1 (optional, in place of yogurt)
- Ginger and garlic paste – ½ tablespoon
- Red chili powder – ½ tablespoon
- Freshly ground pepper – ½ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh curry leaves – one spring
- Salt - to taste
- Oil – as needed for deep frying
- Cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Chopped garlic – ½ teaspoon
- Sliced green chilies – 2
- Sugar – 1//2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste of 2 cloves
- Curd for seasoning – 2 tablespoons
- Step 1 Take a big bowl and mix all the contents (yogurt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt pepper powder and curry leaves) very well. Check for salt, and add more if needed.
- Step 2 Add the boneless chicken cubes into the mixture. Mix the meat well so that all spices cover it well. Allow the chicken to soak in this mixture for an hour. If you have enough time, you can cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator. Leave it there overnight, as the chicken pieces will become very tender in this process.
- Step 3 After taking out the chicken pieces from the refrigerator, you might notice that the contents have turned a bit dry. Add rice flour or cornflour to the mixture and add a little water to mix the contents well. If you have not added curd in the first step, you can add one beaten egg to the mixture instead of water to blend the chicken and spices.
- Step 4 Now, you can heat oil in a deep frying pan. Once the oil is hot enough, drop the marinated chicken cubes one by one into the oil and fry gently. On a medium-high flame, keep frying the pieces until they become golden brown.
- Step 5 Place the fried chicken cubes on tissue paper until the oil is absorbed.
- Step 6 Now, heat a shallow pan on a low flame. Pour about 1 spoon of oil on it. When the oil becomes hot, you must add the cumin, chopped garlic, sliced green chilies and curry leaves to the pan. Fry them well, until you get a nice flavor.
- Step 7 Once the garlic turns slightly brown, add the garlic paste, chili powder, salt and sugar to the pan. Mix the contents very well. You can add 2 tablespoons of curd or 1 teaspoon of vinegar at this stage, as per your choice.
- Step 8 The mixture will cook well and begin to turn thick in consistency. This is the time you need to add the fried chicken pieces. Toss the pan well so that the spices coat the chicken cubes nicely.
- Step 9 Keep frying on low flame until the chicken piece absorbs all the moisture of the seasoning ingredients. In about 2 minutes, you will notice this. Switch off the flame right away, as frying the chicken for a long time can make it soggy and rubbery.
- Step 10 Transfer the chicken pieces to a plate and garnish with a fresh spring of curry leaves and some freshly ground pepper. Serve with onion slices, mint dip, or just the dish itself!
- Step 11 Yummy and juicy chicken 65 is now ready!
Gravy Chicken 65 recipe
The recipe mentioned above is that of dry chicken 65. It tastes great as a starter. However, if you want chicken 65 to be a side for fried rice, you need to make it in the consistency of gravy. You can make just one change to the above recipe for making it a gravy-like dish.
After the garlic turns brown, you need some freshly chopped onions and fry well. Then add about 3 tablespoons of red chili sauce before adding sugar and other ingredients mentioned above. You can also add a teaspoon of Kashmiri chili powder to get the rich red color you find in the Chicken 65 served in the restaurants. After the sauce cooks well, add the chicken pieces before you toss the pan well, so that all pieces are covered in the sauce. Rich and delicious chicken 65 in a gravy-like consistency are now ready.
Rice Krispie treats are the best. The heavenly dessert is packed with gooey and delicious marshmallows, crunchy rice cereals, and finished off with extra marshmallow pockets. If this treat doesn’t put a smile on your face, we don’t know what will. Holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, or Read More
Chicken bog is a Southern recipe that combines rice and meat with influences from W. Africa and Spain. The element that makes chicken bog different from its ethnic relatives is suggested by its name: it’s a boggy/wet dish and rice stew as opposed to fluffy Read More
Hello there, i have a very special recipe today and it is Mexican Beef Birria Tacos . A robust and tasty beef dish that is nicely served as a stew with onion, cilantro and a bit of lime juice on top. You may also chop up the meat and prepare the famous Quesabirria tacos.
These birria tacos are very popular–perhaps the most popular taco types you’ll stumble across on social media. My dear friend Ana, who is an expert in Mexican recipes showed me how to make this delicious Beef Birria Tacos.
What Is Beef Birria?
Birria originates from Mexico, and it is a stew full of meat and amazing flavors. And there are a lot of variations to this dish depending on the area. There are restaurants specialized in this dish called birrerias. Although the original recipe is made with sheep and goat meat, today is almost always made with beef.
Beef Birria is getting more popular over the last few years for it’s amazing flavors and texture.
Beef Birria Tacos Recipe
By: Cooking Frog
- FILLING/BIRRIA DE REZ
- 2 lbs/1kg boneless beef chuck
- 1 lbs/450g short ribs or oxtail
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (neutral)
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 7 ancho chiles, deseeded and ends trimmed
- 7 guajillo chiles, deseeded and ends trimmed
- 3 de arbol chiles, deseeded and ends trimmed
- 4 roma type tomatoes
- 1 white onion, peeled and cut in half
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ cloves, ground
- Half cinnamon stick
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ACV
- 3 cups beef broth
- BEEF TACOS:
- Corn tortillas
- 3 oz. Mozzarella or Oaxacan cheese
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ white onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Step 1 TO SAUTE/SEAR THE MEAT
- Step 2 Leave the meat to rest for about half an hour at room temperature and season all sides with the kosher salt. Take a big dutch oven or baking pot with a lid and place over medium to high heat and add the vegetable oil. These will require a few batches. Transfer to a big bowl.
- Step 3 SAUCE PREPARATION:
- Step 4
- Step 5 At the same time, in a separate medium pot, combine the dried chiles, white onion, garlic, spices, cloves, and bay leaves and pour cold water until everything is covered. Set over medium heat and let simmer slowly for about 15 minutes. Pass through a strainer and move everything to a blender or food processor. If your blender is not big enough, you may have to process multiple batches.
- Step 6 Add the ACV vinegar and 1 cup of beef stock or water to the mix and process until smooth, for a couple of minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Step 7
- Step 8 Note: My blender is very strong and it came out totally creamy and smooth. However, if your blender is not sharp or strong enough, you may have to pass the sauce through a strainer or cheesecloth to remove any large bits that the blender didn’t dissolve.
- Step 9 FOR BRAISING THE MEAT:
- Step 10
- Step 11 Preheat your oven at 300F/150C. Add the meat back to the pot and pour the sauce over the beef. Add the remaining 2 cups of stock or water to the blender and move it around to catch any remaining sauce and add it to the pot. Set over medium heat until you notice a subtle simmer. Cover immediately and pop into the oven. Let cook for 3 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Step 12 TACOS ASSEMBLY:
- Step 13
- Step 14 Combine the white onion, cilantro, salt and lime in a bowl.
- Step 15 Discard the beef from the sauce and pull using 2 forks. Transfer the stock into a bowl and top with the chopped cilantro.
- Step 16 Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Dip each tortilla into the upper surface of the stock (the greasy part) and add to the pan. Roast for 30 seconds on each side. Add the shredded beef and cheese. Fold over and pan-fry on both sides for a minute. Move to a serving dish and serve with the broth on the side.
This Panda Express Beijing Beef Copycat Recipe is nice, delicious, simple and cheaper than Panda express. Also, you can always try and make things little different with copycat recipes, and quite often it turns out even better than original. Check this out… Beijing Beef Read More