This is the homemade recipe on how to make Best Turmeric Paste to take full advantage on the healing properties of turmeric’s healing power. Whether you use it in smoothies, turmeric golden milk, curries or this homemade golden paste is much better than its store Read More
Chicken bog is a Southern recipe that combines rice and meat with influences from W. Africa and Spain. The element that makes chicken bog different from its ethnic relatives is suggested by its name: it’s a boggy/wet dish and rice stew as opposed to fluffy Read More
Hello there, i have a very special recipe today and it is Mexican Beef Birria Tacos . A robust and tasty beef dish that is nicely served as a stew with onion, cilantro and a bit of lime juice on top. You may also chop Read More
This Panda Express Beijing Beef Copycat Recipe is nice, delicious, simple and cheaper than Panda express. Also, you can always try and make things little different with copycat recipes, and quite often it turns out even better than original. Check this out…
Beijing Beef Panda Express Copycat
Beijing beef is a best selling dish at Panda Express and many people have messaged me and asked me about making a Panda Express like Beijing Beef recipe.
Before coming up with this recipe, I had to go first to Panda express and try their Beijing beef. Following a thorough examination of the ingredients the dish contained and a good tasting of the sauce, I believe I have discovered a mock recipe of their Beijing beef.
So, there you go my delicious homemade version of Panda Express Beijing beef. And it tastes better than the one served at Panda Express.
How To Prepare Beijing Beef
Like most recipes at Panda Express, the meat is first dipped in batter and deep-fried. To replicate their famous Beijing sauce, I changed the recipe a few times to achieve the right blend of flavors and aromas.
This sauce has an overwhelming list of ingredients, but don’t let this stop you from making it as the final taste will totally win you over. It’s so nice that you’ll want to make it again and again.
Fortunately, you can prepare a big portion of the sauce and refrigerate it to use it later when you want to make any Beijing meat recipe (chicken, beef, etc). It’s a matter of preference.
What Does Beijing Type Sauce Contain?
Beijing sauce features fermented ingredients that work in conjunction to yield a nice blend of sweet, sour, and savor flavors. The taste is incredibly versatile and you can even use it as a dip in side dishes.
Beijing Beef Panda Express Copycat Recipe
By: Cooking Frog
- 1 (8 oz./226g) flank steak, flap, or sirloin chopped against the grain into ¼” strips
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cornstarch (for dusting the beef before frying)
- BATTER INGREDIENTS
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp cornflour
- Dash of white pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- BEIJING SAUCE
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 ½ tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp ACV
- 1 tsp chili peppers, crushed
- Step 1 Combine all the batter ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Soak the beef in the batter marinade for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 In another bowl, combine all the ingredients of the sauce.
- Step 3 Add the cornflour in a bag or bowl and toss the beef in the cornflour mixture, coat well and keep in the fridge.
- Step 4 Add plenty of oil in a wok or deep pan and toss the battered beef in an extra layer of cornstarch, making sure that all strips are evenly coated. Shake off the excess cornstarch from the meat strips. Deep fry the beef strips in a few small batches for a couple of minutes or until golden brown. Transfer onto a lined dish with a paper towel and keep aside.
- Step 5 Heat the oil in wok over high heat. Add the onions and bell pepper and stir fry until fragrant and slightly brown on the edges. Toss in the garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds. Take off the wok.
- Step 6 Place the wok over medium to high heat and add the sauce seasonings. Allow to simmer and cook until it thickens.
- Step 7 Add in the fried beef as well as stir-fried onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Toss well for 60 seconds or until the beef is nicely cooked and has absorbed the sauce completely. Place on a serving plate and serve warm with steamed rice on the side.
Is there anything more comforting than a good ol; Beef Pot Pie? We don’t think so. Really great pot pies are a challenge to make but this foolproof recipe will yield great results every time. It will be the best beef pot pie you’ve made Read More
A “burnt ends” recipe refers to soft cubes of beef brisket smothered in BBQ sauce and roasted until caramelized. This is probably the most tasty way to cook brisket and makes a great main course or side dish. Burnt ends are among the most notable Read More
Beef stock or “consomme” as it is known in the culinary world, is rich and multidimensional beef broth. For best results, you can use veal and make your own homemade stock. If you are in a hurry though, you may use its store-bought counterpart.
How The Beef Stock Refinement Works
When you prepare beef stock at home, some proteins from the meat dissolve poorly in the liquids and result in murky or dark appearance. After the water reaches a certain high temperature, these proteins stick together and rise to the upper surface.
When you properly monitor this procedure these clotted proteins will all rise to the outer surface, revealing totally clear stock.
Key Ingredients For Clearing Beef Stock/Broth
- Fat-free ground meat which is a rich source of clean protein that allows the clarification of meat proteins and also boosts the flavor of the beef stock.
- Egg-whites to boost the meat’s clarification potency.
- Mirepoix (diced vegetables) and other herbs or seasonings that add flavor.
- Acidic-based ingredients e.g. tomato juice which help break down and bind the proteins together. These are not mandatory but they are quite useful.
Beef Consomme Easy Recipe
By: Cooking Frog
- 1 lbs. (450g) ground beef, preferably veal
- 20 cups/5 quarts veal or beef stick
- 8 oz. egg whites
- FOR MAKING YOUR MIREPOIX
- 8 oz. white onion, finely chopped
- 4 oc. celery stalks, finely chopped
- 4 oz. carrots, finely chopped
- 8 oz. tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 6 stems of parsley, chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of fried thyme
- ½ tsp crushed pepper
- Step 1 Begin with a robust and rich beef stock/broth that is tasty and cold in temperature. Weak or diluted stock should be simmered and reduced until it gains more richness in flavor and cooled down later. Any excess fat should be removed.
- Step 2 Mix the mirepoix, beef/veal, tomatoes, egg whites, herbs and seasonings in a large crockpot. Stir well with a wooden spatula or whipping tool.
- Step 3 In professional kitchens, cooks utilize bulky and tall stock pots or spots for soup with a faucet at the bottom to prepare the consomme. This lets thet skim off any stock without bothering the raft (the level above the stock that features mirepoix, bonded proteins and other bits). Thus, if you own one, use it.
- Step 4 Gradually incorporate the cold stock while ensuring that the broth is well combined with the remaining ingredients.
- Step 5 Bring everything to a simmer over low heat, stirring at random times.
- Step 6 Once you reach a simmering temperature, stor whisking. The cleat meat proteins will emerge on top and develop a raft.
- Step 7 Lower the heat more and allow to simmer for 1 ½ hours. Avoid covering the crockpot with a lid and don’t let it boil heavily as this will ruin the raft and make the consomme murky.
- Step 8 Pass the consomme through a cheesecloth to strain it (wrap it up and use several layers). If you do not have or use a pot with a faucet, you can transfer the consome through a food-grade tube of suitable dimensions without damaging the raft. In my case, it turned out with a bit of fat on top because the meat was not lean enough. That is fine as the stock will be clarified in the next phase.
- Step 9 Skim out any greasy parts from the tip very rigorously. Strips of brown paper along the surface work pretty well in catching every last bit of grease without absorbing much stock.
- Step 10 Check the seasonings and adjust if necessary. It is suggested that you use kosher salt as it’s purer than table salt and has no artificial ingredients.
- Step 11 Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Chicken Gizzards–in this Southern chicken gizzard recipe, the gizzards are tossed in a spicy batter with buttermilk and hot sauce and then coated in a spicy flour mix and finally deep-fried to golden brown sublimity. These delicious chicken gizzards are a staple and favorite dish Read More
A top recipe for making City Chicken. It’s simple to make and yields a super tender meat that you can cut with a fork. But, despite its name this is not actually a chicken dish. It’s a local dish that is made of pork sirloin Read More
A super simple homemade Maja Blanca recipe that I will teach how to make it so it’s nice and soft. The sweetness is not excessive and is packed with a rich corn and coconut flavor. You may use dry latik on the top to keep it classic or a grated cheese to keep it simple.
Maja balance is definitely one of my most favorite Filipino desserts. I just simply enjoy the creamy coconut consistency with the sweet corn and toasted coconut on top. It’s creamy, smooth, sweet and super flavorful.
What is “Maja Blanca”
Maja Blanca refers to a Filipino dessert that the locals usually make on festivities and special events, especially during Christmas time. The dessert is based on a coconut cream with corn kernels and milk. The recipe calls for the use of many milk types, coconut shreds and corn to produce a nice and sweet result with a gel-like texture.
But, while it looks fancy, it is actually quite easy to prepare. You only need a few simple ingredients and follow some simple steps..
How To Prepare Maja Blanca
Maja balance is actually very simple, despite looking fancy. The first step is to combine the coconut milk, the evaporated milk and the condensed canned milk in a bot and bring to a boil. Next, add the cornstarch to emulsify the mixture and finally pour the mix into a square pan and keep in the fridge to set.
While the mixture sets in the fridge, you may toast the coconut bits in a large pan. Then top the mixture with the toasted coconut bits to add a bit of crunch to each square. Voila, it is ready to enjoy!
- Coconut milk. This is the key milk that gives it most of its flavor. In this case, I used canned coconut milk as it is ricker.
- Evaporated milk, I prefer to use a mixture of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and ordinary milk. The condensed milk is sweeter while the other two are added to balance out the sweetness and amplify the milk flavor.
- Whole corn kernels. These enrich the consistency of the desert and I love to add them.
- The cornflour is used as a thickening agent and adds a texture that is similar to gelatin, which is typical in Maja Blanca.
- Unsweetened coconut shreds/flakes. I utilize unsweetened coconut shreds so the dessert is not too overpowering. The coconut flakes are toasted in a skillet before adding them to the top of the desert.
Maja Blanca Easy Recipe
By: Cooking Frog
- 1 can/400 ml coconut milk
- 1 can/355ml evaporated milk
- 1 can/300 ml condensed milk
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, drained
- ¾ cup ordinary milk
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Step 1 Oil the bottom and side of an 8” pan and keep aside.
- Step 2 Combine the coconut milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk and bring them to a boil over medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Step 3 Add in the corn kernels and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 4 Combine the cornstarch and milk in a small mixing bowl and whisk until it is totally dissolved.
- Step 5 Add the cornstarch gradually into the pot whisking until the creamy mixture thickens to a paste.
- Step 6 Transfer the mixture into a prepared baking tray.
- Step 7 Let the mixture cool, seal and then place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Step 8 Meanwhile, toss the coconut flakes in a wide pan over medium heat to toast, stirring regularly until browned.
- Step 9 Cut the paste into squares sprinkle with the toasted coconut on top to serve.
“Carrabba’s Chicken Bryan” is one of my all-time favorite restaurant dishes. I simply enjoy the chicken bits smothered in a zesty lemony and basil sauce with a bit of goat cheese added on top. I like having this with mashed potatoes on the side because Read More