If you want to try some amazing vegetable recipes, look no further. I’ve got you the best and the most delicious recipe ever, and it’s (CPK) California Pizza Kitchen Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Copycat recipe.
Who likes cauliflower here? I became its fan recently when I ordered that amazing Buffalo Cauliflower at California Pizza Kitchen. It was much more delicious than expected. I quickly fell in love with this recipe and recreated it in my kitchen. Since I tried it, I’ve made it more than ten times at home; this is finger-licking good.
I’m basically a carnivore and always prefer meat recipes. Whenever I have to eat anything else other than meat, I feel something’s missing and never get fully satisfied. The same is the case with my husband. Maybe it’s all in my head, but there’s always a missing sensation whenever I eat veggie meals…. but, surprisingly that’s not the case with my favorite cauliflower recipe.
If I didn’t know exactly what I was eating, I would simply think that I just ate boneless chicken wings and would have never thought of anything different.
CPK Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
For Fried Cauliflower Bites:
- 1 large Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (crushed)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Vegetable Oil (for frying, enough to have at least 3 inches of oil in the pan)
For Buffalo Hot Sauce:
- ¼ cup Salted Butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp Cracked Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Shredded Celery
- Green Onion
- Gorgonzola Cheese
Prepare for Frying:
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan/pot to approximately 325°F (163°C).
- Set up a cooling rack with paper towels nearby for draining the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of water.
- In a separate bowl or a ziplock bag, combine 1 ½ cups of flour with cayenne pepper, black pepper, sea salt, paprika powder, and garlic powder.
Coating the Cauliflower:
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the flour mixture, ensuring they are well coated.
- Dip these coated florets into the egg mixture, then coat them again in the flour mixture.
Frying the Cauliflower:
- Fry the coated florets in batches to avoid overcrowding. Fry until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the florets from the oil and place them on the cooling rack.
- After letting them rest for a minute, refry them for an additional 1-2 minutes for extra crispiness.
Making Buffalo Hot Sauce:
- While the florets are frying, prepare the buffalo sauce by mixing melted butter, cayenne pepper, Sriracha sauce, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, cracked pepper, and honey in a large bowl.
- Toss the warm, fried cauliflower in the buffalo sauce until well coated.
- Serve hot, garnished with shredded celery, chopped green onion, and Gorgonzola cheese.
Air-fried Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Of course, these versions are different, and the original is fried, so the recipes are different. Buffalo cauliflower can be easily made in the air fryer. Just follow the directions and spread an even layer of marinated cauliflower pieces in the air fryer.
Just make sure that the pieces don’t touch each other and cook them for 8 – 10 minutes at 400°F. Now, take the florets out and toss them in the buffalo sauce.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Also, a different version cause the original is fried, so the recipes are different. Serve these amazingly delicious baked cauliflower bites with your preferred dipping sauces – I usually go for my homemade ranch sauce. You can also try these bites with this cheese sauce. It will take you to another level of taste. The Chipotle ranch sauce is another great option. There are endless possibilities with this fun appetizer.
You can also fry these bites, but baking them is the best option. Baking these cauliflower bites makes them healthier and gives them amazing crispiness if broiled for the last minute of baking. I’m pretty sure that you will agree that this cauliflower recipe tastes just like the chicken and is incredibly tastier as well.
Reheating the Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Reheating the fried items is not always a good idea, for fried foods taste best when fresh. But if you want to reheat these cauliflower bites, you can do so by placing them on a baking sheet greased with oil and baking them at 375°F for 12 – 14 minutes. Then, broil them for the last minute to develop the crispness.
If you are a vegetarian, you would already know that this recipe is going to turn out great. But if you are a meat fan like me and are planning to try out this recipe as a starter for your meat entree, then share your experience with me in the comments section to let me know if you are as amazed as I am by the satisfying glory of these cauliflower bites.