Are you ready for the most delicious Hennessy chicken wings? You will be surprised how orange and Henny go well together, just like bacon and eggs or pasta and tomatoes. This is a delicious combination that’s fantastically tasty.
The combination is a match made in heaven for the most impressive and delicious BBQ sauce. It’s so versatile that it can be used on just about anything! You can use it on steaks, chicken thighs, fish and pork ribs, and vegetables. This one is a must-try, people. It’s amazing.
Also, if you’re preparing your chicken wings using a Blackstone griddle, you can just use this Hennessy BBQ sauce recipe.
This sauce was used on wings. It doesn’t really matter how you cook your chicken; you can fry them, bake them or even air fry them. This is all about the sauce. However, I am going to include the fried chicken wings version as well as the baked one.
The Best Hennessy Chicken Wings Recipe
Let’s get to the recipe. I’ve added some onions to this to make them beautifully caramelized and jammy. They go wonderfully with your chicken wings. It is vital to include orange marmalade in this recipe. It is essential to use it.
It provides the BBQ sauce with the best orange flavor and the texture it needs to thicken the sauce. Another important ingredient for this sauce is Heinz Chili Sauce. Heinz Chili sauce isn’t hard to find; you can find it almost anywhere you buy ketchup and other sauces. However, if you don’t have Chili Sauce or cannot find it, simply use hot ketchup sauce or homemade if you prefer.
This recipe requires no unique ingredients except for the chili sauce/ketchup and orange marmalade. Of course, you will be using some essential spices, also. This can be left out or added to the recipe, and it will still taste great. The best thing is you don’t have to follow the recipe strictly; you are free to experiment or make these Hennessy chicken wings according to your liking.
It is crucial to add the last drop of Hennessy at the end. This is because the alcohol is cooked off, leaving you with a delicious cognac flavor. However, it’s worth adding fresh liquor to spice it up just a tiny bit.
Can I use another Cognac if I don’t have Hennessy?
Yes, you can use another cognac for this BBQ Chicken. However, I would always go for Hennessy because of its unique flavor, crafted for centuries. The company, Maison Hennessy, has strict standards for making excellent products.
Can I use something else instead of Cognac?
This recipe is based on cognac as one of its main ingredients; however, you are free to experiment with other drinks. For example, you can use bourbon for this Chicken Wings BBQ sauce.
Share the image below on your Pinterest board if you like these Hennessy Chicken Wings!
- 4 to 5 lbs of chicken wings
- 3 TBSP of baking powder
- 1 tsp of paprika, sweet
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of cayenne
- 1 TBSP of salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBSP onion, granulated
- 1 TBSP of garlic, granulated
- Vegetable oil (For Frying)
Hennessy Orange Sauce:
- 3/4 cup of Hennessy
- 1 12oz of Heinz Chili Sauce (or ketchup)
- 2-3 TBSP mustard (Dijon or yellow)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 TBSP of honey
- 4 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- liquid smoke to your liking (optional)
- 1-2 tsp of granulated garlic (or to your liking)
- 1-2 tsp of granulated onion (or to your liking)
- black pepper (to your liking)
For Baked Chicken Wings
- Start by heating your oven to 425°F
- Combine all dry ingredients until well mixed. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken wings and coat nicely. (You will probably not need all the mixture, but it’s important that each piece of chicken wings are well coated)
- Bake the chicken wings for around 15-20 minutes before you flip them over, and bake the other sides of the chicken for 20 minutes more.
- In the end, flip the chicken over again and bake for another 10 minutes or until your chicken wings are nice and crispy.
- Now combine the chicken wings with Hennessy BBQ Sauce. Enjoy!
For Fried Chicken Wings
- First, combine all the dry ingredients and coat your chicken wings nicely.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan or a skillet, and heat to around 375°F.
- Fry the chicken wings in hot oil until crispy and the juices run clear. This can take 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer that can be read instantly; insert it in the thickest portion of the chicken near the bone should read around 165°F.
- Move the fried wings into a large bowl. Toss your wings in Hennessy sauce and coat them with it. Enjoy!
For the Hennessy Chicken Wings Sauce
- Place all the ingredients for Hennessy sauce in a saucepan and cook on medium/medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
- After the sauce has thickened and reduced (should take approximately 20-25 minutes), turn off the heat.
- Pour an additional splash of Henny into the pan (approximately 1 oz). And that’s it!
- You can store the leftover sauce in an airtight container and place it in the fridge. It will keep for up to a week.
I really hope you’ve enjoyed these Hennessy Chicken Wings as much as I did preparing this recipe. This Henny BBQ sauce is really easy to prepare, and as I’ve said before, you can use it for almost any dish, even those that include veggies only. If you have any questions about this Henny Chicken Wings recipe, please let me know in the comments section, and as always I’ll reply. Thank you!