Air fryer hamburgers are very tasty, juicy, plus extra fast, and easy to make! Having an air fryer to make hamburgers is really a super-fast way to make this classic. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy grilled burgers, also. But perhaps there isn’t a grill available, or the weather is too cold or stormy to cook outdoors.
Air Fryer Hamburgers
In my experience, this approach tastes better than making it using a stovetop. The burgers also cook fast and retain a lot of the lovely juices. You could have dinner available in under 30 minutes. This excellent recipe is the meaning of what enjoying a nice hamburger is all about.
Not only are they easy to construct, but they’re also amazingly juicy and tasty, as burgers should always be. These air fryer hamburgers are as low maintenance as possible, but they still make for an unbelievable meal any day or night of the week.
Ideal for a family group meal after an active day, these burgers are sure to love. Even those picky children will enjoy them once they see these being served up for dinner or lunch. You can top these burgers in any way you prefer for a distinctive and delicious experience in no time at all.
I wish to remind you that just like most of my recipes, like these air-fryer brats, these hamburgers will taste best with the best quality ingredients. Brioche buns are my personal favorite, and I also love all of the meats I’ve tried so far from Butcher Box.
Let’s get back to these air fryer burgers! I tried 2 different ways. First, I made the hamburgers with the usual ground beef and mixed them with beef and seasonings using a bowl, and formed the patties using my hands.
In scene one, I created the burgers with pre-made patties and added the seasonings on the outside surface. You can find my article here on how to blend burger patties. So, where can you purchase burger patties that are pre-made? You may buy them at the butcher area of your grocery store.
The Best way to Season Air Fryer Hamburgers
When you have a seasoning habit that you already use and enjoy, you can stay with that. So just how do I season my hamburgers? I keep it plain but still full of flavor with garlic and onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt.
This hamburger seasoning works just amazing for me! And these ingredients are always available, so there’s no dependence on me to purchase anything additional in the store. These can also be well used when grilling.
Some Notes for cooking hamburgers in the air fryer
- Pre-heating: You should pre-heat your air fryer according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Temp: For air fryer hamburgers, 360F is the optimal temperature.
- Cooking Time: The total amount of time could have a small trial and error and wise practice. However, here are some tips about what I recommend. Note: I prefer my burgers medium to medium-well done. I prefer my burgers medium to medium-well done. Only a little pink in the center is okay with me. So, when it comes to 1/4-pound patties, I suggest cooking them for 15-16 minutes, turning them halfway through. So when it comes to 1/4 pound patties, I suggest cooking for 15-16 minutes, turning it halfway through. I also worked with bigger patties that were 1/3 pound. They were a bit pink in the middle after cooking for 17 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Cheese: I don’t advise adding cheese while the air fryer is turned on. I used to do this, and my cheese slices melted off the patties and created a huge mess. However, I’ve fixed it by opening the basket after the cooking time is over. Add in the slices of cheese, and after that, close the basket for approximately one minute or two. It’ll nevertheless be warm enough to melt the cheese, although the air fryer is turned off.
- Overcrowded air fryer: Depending on the capacity of your air fryer, you can make more or fewer patties at a time. The 5.8-quart air fryer can make 3 to 4 hamburgers at a time with no fuss. . If you want to produce them in more batches, simply cover the ones that are done with foil, and you can add them back for the final last-minute of cooking to warm them back up.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 burger buns
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or more)
How to make Air Fryer Hamburgers Recipe
For the Regular ground beef pattie method
- Heat the air fryer to 360 F
- Take the ground beef and put it in a bowl, and add seasonings.
- Using your hands, mix everything together and form the mixture into a ball shape.
- Separate the ground beef mixture into 4 even parts by creating a + sign to separate it.
- Take out each piece to form a patty.
- Put it into the air fryer, leaving enough space for every patty to cook. You can do this in several batches if needed. My air fryer is (5.8 quarts), so it’s big enough for a single batch.
- Cook for around 15-16 min, making sure to flip the halfway through. For bigger patties, you might need to cook for longer periods of time.
For the pre-made patty
- Combine onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl using a spoon, and stir until mixed nicely.
- Pour a small amount of Worcestershire sauce (or to your liking) into a small bowl. You might need little more than a teaspoon because some will stick to the pastry brush.
- Put the patties on a dish, and brush on a mild coating of Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle the patties with seasoning to your liking.
- Pat the seasoning using your hand to help it stick nicer simply.
- Heat the air fryer to 360 F
- After it’s heated, remove the basket and slowly place the patties within it, with the side down seasoned.
- Season the other side, which will now be upward the same way as above.
- Put the basket back within the air fryer, cook for around 15-16 min, and flip halfway through the cooking.
If you want to learn more about burgers, check these articles on the best burger blends or how to make burgers without eggs.