Hello, it’s me Sarah from Cooking Frog. Today I’m going to share How to Make Chicken Minis just like Chick-fil-A makes them. Is bigger better? That does not seem to be true anymore. I mean, just look at the hamburger industry. Sliders, popularly referred to as “mini burgers” have become the hot new item. It is not like that there is less food…only smaller sizes and larger portions.
The Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Mini Copycat is really simple to make. They take their bite-sized Chick-fil-A chicken nugget and make it into a tiny chicken yummy sandwich. These small treasures arrive in 3 count or 4 count and may also be arranged in 20 or 40 count platter-sized portions.
If you think that is odd to have a chicken for breakfast, try these out before you dismiss them. Although I really do prefer Mini’s daily, I will still make the effort to make them at least twice at breakfast time.
They are simple, like a great deal of Chick-fil-A menu things are, but they are quality breakfast fast food. These bite-sized beauties are really worth getting up early for.
Now I have decided to make them and the results were amazing, everyone loved them.
Since I’ve been getting many requests for these chicken minis from Chick Fil A I’ve also added the recipe for the rolls below (Unlike other recipe websites 🙂 ). However the rolls don’t make much difference, except for the honey butter spread, they are pretty standard rolls.
FAQs about Chick-Fil-A Chicken Minis
What are Chick-Fil-A Chicken Minis?
Chicken Minis are one of the most popular items in Chick-Fil-A restaurants. These little chicken biscuits are everyone’s favorites. These delicious chicken nugget sandwiches are served with small yeast rolls and are the best breakfast food both for parents and their kids.
Do Chicken Minis Contain honey?
Chicken Mini nuggets themselves don’t contain honey, however, rolls do. These miniature yeast rolls are brushed just slightly with a butter spread that does contain honey. So in this homemade version of Chicken minis, it is completely up to you if you want to use the honey for the rolls.
Are Chick-Fil-A Chicken Minis Healthy?
Chick-fil-A Chicken Minis have 360 calories and are a satisfying low-calorie option to Chick-fil-A Cookies.
These delicious chicken nuggets can be served as breakfast on soft yeast buns coated with honey and butter batter. They are half the fat of chicken biscuits.
How to Make Chicken Minis?
Pin the image below If you like this Chick-fil-a Chicken Minis Copycat Recipe
For the Rolls
- 1 tbsp of yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 3-4 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
Honey butter batch
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/8 cup honey
For the milk wash
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
For the chicken
- 16 oz chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- The very first thing you create a heap of honey, 1/8 cup honey and 1/2 cup soft butter and mix together nicely.
- Meanwhile cut on your rolls almost completely in half. Place into a baking dish and coat the top with the honey mix.
- Place the rolls into a very low heated oven, about 225 F.
- Cut one chicken breast coat with salt and pepper.
- Set your breading station.
- For the milk mixture, beat together the whole egg and 1 cup of milk.
- Dip your chicken into the milk wash, because you’ll need to let the excess milk wash drip off some.
- Then you coat your chicken in the seasoned coating.
- 1 1/4 cup flour 2 Tbs powdered sugar 2 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp chili powder 1/4 tsp paprika.
- Shake off excess coating and add to hot oil that’s heated to 350 F. Cook the chicken until you reach your desired brown color, roughly about 3-4 minutes.
For the Rolls
- Take a medium size bowl, mix warm water, one tbsp of the sugar, and the yeast. Let it bloom for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the egg, salt, remaining sugar, and oil to the yeast mixture. Stir with a spoon to combine, twenty seconds or so.
- Place the flour into the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and mix till all the flour is combined nicely.
- Let rise on a room place, or a warm place till doubled in size, should take about one hour.
- Next roll the dough out to about 1/2″ on a gently floured working surface.
- After that, take your baking pan and spread the remaining butter nicely on the dough.
- Cut into 20-24 square shapes with a pizza cutter. Let rise, covered, till it’s doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 F for about twenty minutes, or till the tops are golden in color.
Chicken Minis Video Recipe
Nutritional value for Chick Fil A chicken minis
360 Calories. 13g of Fat. 41g Carbs and 19g Protein
If you’ve liked this Chick-Fil-A recipe, be sure to try these Crispy Chicken Wings (Low-Carb) Keto Recipe