Summertime without a perfect drink is incomplete, right? This Orange Crush Cocktail Recipe will unravel the perfect blend of sweetness with a tang of savory taste – a complete fiesta for the tongue. We all have had our favorite drinks, and this beverage will surely make it to most of these lists.
This recipe will be ready in three steps- just shake, blend, and pour. We are talking about the simple but tasty orange crush, the good old drink that never goes out of vogue.
It tastes great at any time of the day, be it a welcome drink or a cocktail. Served at breakfast, the orange crush will make the day more energetic. However, when served at a party, it will help you with your boost of adrenaline.
Orange Crush Cocktail
The specialty of this cocktail is that the oranges used here are ripe, pulpy, and freshly picked. In any part of the world, orange has its own identity. It somehow manages to squeeze its place either in desserts or in drinks. Apart from their good taste, oranges are also highly nutritional, especially freshly squeezed oranges.
For all the health enthusiasts, it may be their go-to drink. With its low-calorie levels, this drink can give them their daily dose of citrus.
In some parts of the world, the word, crush or drink is supposed to be orange crush only, as there is no other flavor. In Indian households, orange drinks are patented childhood refreshments. As we grew up, we moved on to give it a modern twist in both ways – virgin and non-virgin.
Pin the image below if you like this orange cocktail!
Orange Crush Cocktail Recipe
With a prep time as minimal as 10 minutes, this set of ingredients will serve 1.
- 2 cups of ice (cubes or crushed)
- 1 big fresh orange
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 1 ounce of Grand Marnier (preferably orange flavored)
- 3-4 ounces of any lime soda Sprite or 7 UP
- Orange wedges for garnishing
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Procedure to make orange crush (Virgin)
- As a first step of the process, we will first need to extract fresh juice from the orange. Do not use pre-squeezed orange pulp or juice, as the taste may vary, causing the drink to turn bitter. Take one orange, cut it in half and with the help of a juicer or merely by using your hands squeeze out its juice. Make sure to add some pulp to the drink to add a zesty flavor.
- Next, take 2 cups of ice to be added to the drink. You can use crushed ice or cube-shaped ice. You can choose the type of ice that you prefer at your convenience.
- Add the ice and the orange extract with the pulp to any of your favorite glasses. You could ideally choose a tall one with a big mouth to mix the drink well. Add to it any lime soda of your choice. The most used sodas in this recipe are 7 Up or Sprite.
- Garnish it with a sprig of mint leaves, or you can also add crushed mint leaves to the top of the drink. This will give added aroma and give the drink an enhanced taste.
- Take another orange and cut a sphere horizontally from it. You can top the drink with an orange wedge sticking at one end of the glass. Drizzle some sugar on the edges of the chosen glass to give the drink some richness and elegance.
- Serve cold with a straw.
- Process of making orange crush (Non-Virgin)
- The preparation time for this process is around 15 minutes and will yield one serving.
- We will first need to extract fresh juice from the orange. Do not use pre-squeezed orange pulp or juice, as the taste may vary, causing the drink to turn bitter. Take one orange, cut it in half and with the help of a juicer or merely by using your hands, squeeze out its juice, and make sure to add some pulp to it to add a zesty flavor.
- Next, take 2 cups of ice. You can use crushed ice or cube-shaped ice. It completely depends on how you prefer it.
- In another glass, pour 2 ounces of vodka. To this, add 1 ounce of orange-flavored Grand Marnier. Adding flavored Grand Marnier can be skipped if you don’t like it. Non-flavored Grand Marnier lives up to the taste as well as the flavored version. Stir or shake this mixture well.
- Add the ice and the orange extract with the pulp to any of your favorite glasses. You could ideally choose a tall one with a big mouth to mix the liquid well. You can now add any lime soda of your choice ( 7 Up or Sprite) to this liquid.
- Garnish it with a sprig of mint leaves, or you can also add crushed mint leaves to the drink to give it an additional aroma and give an enhanced taste.
- Take another orange and cut a sphere horizontally from it. Top the drink with an orange wedge sticking it at one end of the glass. You can also drizzle some sugar on the edges of the chosen glass.
- Serve cold with a straw.
Some alternatives to try this cocktail with
- Instead of lime or lemon soda, you can use any bubbly liquid with a neutral base or flavoring. Tonic water, seltzer water, sparkling water, or flavors of sparkling water will all replace lime soda well.
- You can use grapefruit instead of oranges to make a crush, following the same procedure as a bitter or strong alternative.
- You can use jiggers to measure the amount of alcohol.
- If you’re allergic, you can skip mint leaves.
- Cointreau, Triple Sec, and Orange Curacao are some popular additional liquor types that can be used instead of Grand Marnier or flavored Grand Marnier.
And Voila! Just within minutes, you would have created an amazing beverage for any occasion. Oranges are not just summer drinks. Everyone enjoys them at any given hour, season, or gathering. This orange crush cocktail recipe will add the spark to your meal or party with its eminent flavor and exuberant color. Present it anywhere – while playing cards with friends or while sitting on a beach. It is sure to become your next go-to drink. This new way to present the traditional oranges will surely liven up your mood with a feeling that hits home.