I’ll tell you right away: this phenomenal Chicken Recipe with Coconut Milk and Curry, 30-minute recipe has come to revolutionize your evening off. Chicken pieces become incredibly juicy in a spicy sauce of red curry paste, coconut milk, garlic and lime juice. Accompanied by fragrant rice that soaks up the curry and yes – everything is on the table in less than half an hour.
There are recipes that I’ve been wanting to cook for the blog for ages. And then they’re gone so quickly each time that a proper shoot is out of the question.
Chicken curry is the best example. In Thailand we practically lived on curries and the Thai Chicken Soup is one of your absolute favorites. But real chicken curry? It’s never been on the cooking carousel. But now, friends, now is the time.
What you need for Chicken Recipe with Coconut Milk and Curry
Put the whole thing into the pan bit by bit, fry n butches and simmer n butches, done. With a good load of rice we’ll be full and extra happy.
Difference between Indian and Thai curry.
Indian curries are often thick and creamy like the chickpea curry with coconut milk or the coconut curry with spinach and tomatoes. Thai curries are more reminiscent of soup in consistency and consist of a super tasty and usually quite hot sauce with inserts.
Chicken curry with coconut milk is:
Hot and coconutty.
Packed with juicy chicken pieces.
On the table in 30 minutes.
Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk Tips
The curry can be perfectly prepared and reheated and It will keep in the refrigerator for 2 – 4 days.
Instead of the red curry paste you can also go for yellow of green one. This only changes the sharpness a little bit.
How to make Chicken with Coconut Milk and Curry
- Cut the breast of chicken into large bite-sized cubes. Peel onion and garlic and chop finely.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan. Salt the fillet, then fry on all sides for about 10 minutes, turning regularly.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste and lime juice to the pan.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, then season to taste with salt, pepper and chilli. Serve with rice.
- 1.1 Lbs of chicken breast fillet
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 17 oz of coconut milk
- 1-3 large tablespoons of red curry paste, depending on spiciness
- 1/2 lime pressed
- salt, pepper and chilli
- Rice to serve with