KFC Chicken Littles Recipe is a Copycat recipe of one of the most famous sandwich in the world. To get the idea how popular KFC Chicken Littles are, is the fact that there is actually a Facebook petition page you can find here.
The chicken little is meant to be an excellent soft roll, instead of a seeded slider bun. It had been also a chicken patty, reminiscent of a school restaurant lunch. And it had a pretty decent quantity of mayonnaise, no lettuce.
This new sandwich has been trashed by the real lovers of the original chicken little and we are all asking the question, why can’t they merely bring back the original?
So, in the meantime, I actually have tried to copy this sandwich in my kitchen, and try and satisfy my cravings for this old fashioned love. It’s not precisely just like the classic, and i did add pickles, cause I do love the mix it offers the sandwich, however trust me, this can be a lot better than the new wannabe KFC “chicken little” .
There are a few things to know when making this sandwich similar to the original :
- Buy the softest dinner rolls you can find in your bakery or your super market.
- Toast the bun slightly on the stove a first.
- Don’t skimp on the mayonnaise, it needs a decent lather.
- You need to flash fry the chicken, before you bake it. It needs additional of a soft crunch instead of an extra crisp coating.
- Pickles are optional, chose according to your liking.
If you wish to make this sandwich even more like the classic, you can purchase chicken patties within the frozen section of your super market.
How to make KFC Chicken Littles Recipe (Copycat)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 3″ pieces.
- Pounding with a kitchen mallet or if you don’t have one, use rolling pin to ensure even cooking and tenderness.
- Heat the oil to about 400F using a fry safe pot.
- Heat the oven also to 400 F and prepare a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour and all seasonings using a dish or a plastic bag.
- Mix together eggs and water in a bowl and beat well.
- Toss the chicken in the flour mix, then into to egg mixture, and back to the flour mixture.
- Flash fry for about two minutes a bunch of chicken pieces at a time.
- Be sure to move them around to prevent them from sticking.
- Take away the chicken, and place onto a stack of paper leave to rest while you repeat with remaining chicken.
- Once all chicken is cooked nicely, place onto the baking sheet lined with parchment or foil and bake for around 15 minutes, or till internal chicken temperature reaches 160-165F.
- Prepare the sandwiches while the chicken is baking.
- Toast each side on the roll slightly using a skillet on medium heat, sprayed with nonstick oil spray.
- When buns are cooled a bit, add generously mayonnaise to each side of the rolls, place four pickle slices (if you like) on every bottom half of the bun.
- Place a piece of warm tasty chicken on every sandwich and enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups of flour, all purpose
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of salt, seasoned
- 2 tsp of sugar, granulated
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 3 whole eggs, with 1/4 cup water, beaten
- Duke’s mayo (full fat )
- 50 pickle slices (if you like)
- 12 pcs of dinner rolls , old fashioned
- frying oil
- 4 chicken breasts