Southwestern Salmon Burgers With Lime Cilantro Slaw are full of awesome mixes and delicious seasonings with lot of topping possibilities, like this easy-to-make lime cilantro slaw. They can be served as a healthy burger for dinner or lunch.
Today’s instruction in burger land was kind of a long time coming. I continually thought salmon burgers were difficult or exhausting to make. And yet i really love them.
These southwest salmon burgers have all types of fun mix-ins — bell peppers, corn, cilantro — and nice seasonings to give them a southwestern taste.
Notes for southwestern salmon burgers
- I recommend freshly caught wild caught salmon for these burgers. it has by far the most flavor and bonus, is additionally the healthiest.
- Red bell peppers have nice sweetness – and appearance pretty too. However, you may use another color bell pepper if you favor.
- Refrigerating these burgers is a must to step. It helps them set up in order that they’ll hold together well for preparation. Even simply 15 minutes can do the trick.
- 1 lb. of fresh salmon fillets
- 2/3 cups of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lightly beaten large egg
- 1/2 cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Zest and juice from one lime
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil, or other vegetable oil
How to make Southwestern Salmon Burgers
- Cut the salmon into big chunks and place in your food processor. Pulse few times, till the salmon is minced.
- Add the salmon and remaining ingredients (except the oil) to a big bowl and blend well.
- Divide into four equal portions and form into patties for about 1/2 inches thick.
- Place the patties on a plate, cover them and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to help the burgers set up before they’re ready to be cooked.
- Heat the vegetable oil (i use canola oil) in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the salmon patties to the pan and cook for four minutes, then flip and cook another four minutes. Take care to not overcook the salmon burgers.
- You may also grill these if you like.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and desired toppings and enjoy!