All you need is a boxed cake mix, butter, eggs, and chocolate chips to make Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. So delicious and soft! The easiest cookies you’ll ever make are these lazy chocolate chip cookie bars!
Nothing beats a chocolate chip cookie with a glass of milk (or coffee) for dipping. I had a yearning for one the other day, but I was in a bad mood. I’m not in the mood for a long prep and bake time. I just needed that cookie, and I needed it asap.
My appetite was completely fulfilled by these simple cookie bars. They’re soft, gooey, and chock-full of chocolate. They also taste like classic chocolate chip cookies.
Recipe For Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
The Lazy Cookie Bar is amazing. It is prepared with a boxed cake mix, which is one of my favorite cupboard items. So adaptable, so simple, and so delicious. There are only four ingredients, and you probably have them already in your pantry.
It isn’t a particularly thick bar. It’s more like a cookie made in a sheet pan. It’s gooey, and I’m a sucker for the edges, which are my favorite part.
Can I add Other Flavors to the Cake Mix?
The versatility of this dish is one of its best features. I’ve made them using red velvet cake mixes, chocolate cake mixes, and birthday cake mixes, and they’ve always turned out great! Plus, feel free to experiment with other varieties of chips and nuts.
When the holiday baking chips come out, I get extremely excited. You could have a lot of fun with this dish, and no one but you will realize how simple it was to prepare.
Prepare ahead of time
- To store: These cookies can be kept at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container or bag.
- To freeze: Place cookies in a covered container or bag, divided by parchment paper (to prevent sticking). Freeze for a maximum of three months in advance.
Customize to Your Cravings
- Use any type of chocolate chip you desire, including dark, milk, semi-sweet (traditional), butterscotch, peanut butter, and white. Dark is what I use.
- Before baking, toss in some Skor pieces.
- Toss chopped walnuts, macadamia nuts, or pecans into the batter.
Sizes of Pans Possible
A 9-inch square pan with a capacity of around 10 cups was required for the mix. As a result, all of the following pan choices will work:
- 9″ x 9″ square
- 9″ spring form pan
- 10″ x 15″ jelly roll pan
- 11″ x 7″ rectangle
It’s possible that the baking times will need to be adjusted. The first three will take around the same 30 minutes. It took 18-20 minutes on the jelly roll pan, which I used to speed things up. Even less if you thoroughly extend the dough out to the edges.
Ingredients for Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- salted butter
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- yellow cake mix
To Make Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Follow These Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using nonstick cooking spray, coat a 9×13-inch baking dish. I prefer the one that contains flour (Baker’s Joy).
Combine the dry cake mix, melted butter, and beaten eggs in a mixing bowl.
Since the batter will be fairly thick, it will be simpler if you use an electric or stand mixer. Add the chocolate chips to the mix. In a greased baking dish, spread the batter.
And because the batter is so thick, I prefer to coat my hand with nonstick cooking spray and then push it about with my hand.
Place it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it is uniformly spread out.
It will bubble up as it cooks and turns golden brown, mostly around the edges, when finished.
And, like any delicious chocolate chip cookie, I prefer to eat these while they’re still warm, so you’ll often find me taking nibbles from this pan before it’s completely cool! This is also an excellent basis for ice cream dessert.
Share the image below to your Pinterest board if you like these lazy chocolate chip cookie bars recipe!
List of Ingredients
- 5 tbsp melted salted butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 25-ounce box of yellow cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using nonstick cooking spray, coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. I prefer the one that contains flour.
- Stir the dry cake mix, melted butter, and beaten eggs in a mixing basin. Because the batter will be pretty thick, it will be simpler if you use an electric or stand mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour thick batter onto a prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Because the batter is so thick, I prefer to coat my hand with nonstick cooking spray and then distribute it about with my hand.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it is uniformly spread out.
- It will bubble up while cooking and turn golden-brown all-around edges when finished. Allow time for cooling.
I hope this recipe for lazy chocolate chip cookie bars helped you with what is supposed to and that is to let you enjoy your laziness and make awesome cookies for you and your family. 🙂
If you have any questions about these lazy cookie bars, feel free to comment below this post, and I’ll reply.