Honey Mustard Baked Salmon is an awesome and healthy dish that is really easy to make. They say you should eat fish at least twice a week. Salmon is certainly one of those nights in our house. I also love that it’s so quick and simple to make. Whatever flavor you wish, you’ll cook a salmon entree in twenty minutes, no problem. Yes, I’m in for it!
Here I’ve gone with an easy honey-mustard coating. i exploit a mixture of Dijon and coarse-grain mustard cause i like the taste and texture that it adds. If you don’t keep coarse-grain mustard at your kitchen, you’ll go actually with all Dijon mustard.
All you are doing is stir the honey and mustard, spread it over your salmon, top with a touch of butter for additional flavor and richness, and tossing it in the oven.
I additionally highly suggest shopping for wild-caught salmon. It’s got a lot of flavors and more nutrients; a win-win if you ask me!
Also, check my complete guide on cooking temperature for salmon.
- 2 6 oz. Salmon fillets (I highly suggest wild salmon)
- A teaspoon of coarse mustard
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- salt and pepper
- little pat of butter
How to make Honey Mustard Baked Salmon?
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a baking dish with tin foil. Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Mix coarse mustard, Dijon mustard and honey in a smaller bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry salmon. Place salmon in the previously prepared baking dish—season with salt and pepper.
- Brush mustard mixture onto salmon – really put it on. Top every salmon filet with a tiny pat of butter. Or, if you’re feeling indulgent, top it with a pair of pats of butter.
- Roast at 400 F for 13-18 minutes or until virtually baked through. Cooking time can vary regarding the thickness of your fillets. Let salmon rest for five minutes before serving. (It can continue cooking thus, take it out some minutes before your required degree of doneness.)
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 389kcal Calories from fat 219|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 24g|
|Saturated Fat 6g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|