Homemade Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper Recipe – A rich pot full of beef that everyone will love. This is a great recipe to put on your list if you have a busy daily life. Hamburger helper truly saved my life 😊
It takes approximately 40 minutes to prepare this dish. And the best thing, it is way better than boxed store-bought hamburger helper because it’s healthier and true soul food at its best that everyone will love.
Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper Recipe
This is an ideal option for busy days and nights when you have limited time but still want to feed your family well.
This recipe is a one-pot. This recipe is quick and easy, so you won’t have to spend time making additional dishes.
Hamburger Helper Boxed vs Homemade
Hamburger Helper is a favorite meal of ours, and they have many different flavors.
Although the boxed recipe may be delicious, you must admit that the home version is always way better. You know exactly what goes into each meal, like beef quality and other ingredients.
While a boxed hamburger helper can be a bit easier to make for busy weeknights, this homemade version has more flavor and freshness. You can also control the seasonings and eliminate any preservatives by making them from scratch.
Oh! Oh! It’s well worth the effort! You can add some Velveeta to the shredded cheddar cheese for that classic hamburger helper flavor. Your secret is safe with us, I promise.
You can’t go wrong with a hearty, delicious meal if you want to make a home-cooked meal. This homemade hamburger helper is a hit with my family, and I’m sure you will enjoy it too.
Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe Simple Ingredients
This recipe requires simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This is a wonderful meal for foodies.
- Chopped beef
- Beef broth
- Egg noodles
- Corn starch
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Mushrooms (Optional)
Homemade Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper Recipe with a Twist
You can make your own twist to this beef stroganoff recipe to suit you. These are just a few suggestions to help you get started with your own twist on this classic recipe.
- You can add up to 2 lbs of lean ground beef for a richer meal.
- You could substitute hot water with beef broth. This will add more flavor but will also have a higher sodium content. So be careful.
- Add a bit of mushroom to this hamburger helper recipe if you like them.
- You can substitute the mushroom soup for a roasted garlic version of mushroom soup.
- Fresh broccoli and other vegetables can make your meal more fulfilling. This recipe can be made with vegetables you don’t want your children to eat, and they won’t notice. 😊
- Cheese can be substituted for sour cream to make it cheesy. Add diced tomatoes to make it even more delicious!
- You can also use beef stock instead of water.
- If you want to increase the sauce’s flavor, add a few teaspoons of Dijon mustard.
- When you add the noodles, add chopped bell pepper.
So after reading all the tips and explanations on how to make the best Beef Stroganoff Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe, let’s make it!
Oh! I almost forgot, if you like this recipe please pin the image down below and share it to your Pinterest. Thank you!
- 16 oz of ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2-1/2 cups of milk
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1-1/2 cups of beef broth
- 8-9 oz of egg noodles
- 1/2 Cup of sour cream
- Using a skillet, cook the ground beef until it is nicely browned. After that, drain the grease from the meat.
- Cook the chopped onion until it softens nicely. It should take around 5 minutes.
- Return the drained beef to the skillet and mix with onions.
- Add in the cornstarch, salt and pepper and mix it nicely.
- After that add the milk and beef broth in a skillet and again mix.
- Add in the noodles and stir.
- Place the lid on top and bring it to a boil over medium heat. It will need to be stirred occasionally.
- When the mixture boils, reduce heat to medium-low and stir frequently. Cook the noodles for about 10-12 minutes, or until they are cooked.
- Mix in the cream sauce with the sour cream. To ensure you don’t burn it, turn the heat down to low and continue cooking for five minutes. Serve.
Can regular cream be used instead of sour cream for stroganoff?
You can substitute the sour cream with heavy cream or even creme fraiche. You will notice a creamier consistency without the tanginess of sour cream.
Can Different Pasta Shapes be used for this Hamburger Helper recipe?
Any pasta shape can be used, so don’t worry about that. The only difference you could experience is in the texture of pasta, therefore, the texture of the dish. You could also substitute egg noodles or gluten-free pasta for it.
How to freeze, store or heat the leftover Hamburger Helper Stroganoff
- Keep it in a cool, dry place in your fridge for up to five days.
- Freeze – Store in a container in your freezer for up to three months
- You can heat up the dish by heating it in the microwave. Stir in some sour cream to help the pasta absorb the sauce.
What can you serve with Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff?
Because of the versatileness of the dish, Hamburger Stroganoff can be paired with many different things. Most common are the beans, but you can pair it with all kinds of salads. Use your imagination, and you won’t regret it.
This quick and delicious Hamburger Helper recipe will make you forget about the boxed version.
You can make this a more substantial meal by adding fresh broccoli, beans, and other vegetables.
You can substitute sour cream for cheese to make a creamy dish. Add diced tomatoes to make it even more delicious!