Grilled Flank Steak with Asian Marinade is a flavorful meal mixed with Asian marinade. Combined with sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and fish sauce, this marinade will take this flank steak to another level. And the best part is that you need only about 10 minutes to cook this meal.
I have a few tricks to make this flank steak the most flavorful you’ve ever tasted. Placing the meat in the marinade for about an hour before it hits the grill increases the flavor intensity.
The Benefits of Marinating Flank Steak
The marinade benefits the steak in two ways, by infusing the dissolved water ingredients into the inside of the steak. From the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, onion, honey, and fish sauce, making your every bite full of flavors. Black pepper and chili in sriracha give flavor to the surface of the flank steaks.
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red onions, minced
- 2 ounces of maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 pounds of flank steak
- 1/2 ounces of lime juice
Grilled Flank Steak with Asian Marinade
- Whisk the soy sauce, red onion, vegetables, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, cilantro, sriracha, fish sauce, salt, and black pepper. For this, you’ll need a medium-sized bowl.
- Add a quarter of a cup of marinade and lime juice to a small bowl, and put aside.
- Take a baking dish and put the flank steak inside.
- Pour the marinade mixture on the steaks and place them into the refrigerator for half an hour. Also, cover the dish so the aromas are sealed nicely.
- After half an hour has passed, flip the steak and leave it to marinate for another 30 minutes.
- Prepare the paper towels, remove the flank steak from the dish with the marinade and dry them just enough to remove the excess moisture from the surface of the steak.
- Heat the grill to about 450 degrees F.
- Spray the steaks with cooking spray, just lightly. Or you can put some oil on the paper towel and gently grease the steaks so you don’t wash off the marinade on the surface.
- When the grill is heated, place the steak on the grill. Be sure to close the lid.
- Cook for around 4 minutes or until charred marks is visible on the steak.
- Flip them over and cook 2-5 minutes more or until your preferred doneness is achieved. I like mine medium. You can check the inside temperature with a meat thermometer. For medium cooked, it should be around 135 degrees F.
- Take the cutting board and place the meat on it. Tent with foil and leave it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak and pour the marinade you’ve previously left over the flank steak. Enjoy
Pin the image below if you like this Flank Steak Marinade Recipe!