Grilled Flank Steak with Asian Marinade is a flavorful meal, mixed with Asian marinade. Combined with sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and fish sauce this marinade will take this flank steak to another level. And the best part is, that you need only about 10 minutes to cook this meal.
I have a few tricks to make this flank steak the most flavorful you’ve ever tasted. Placing the meat in marinade, about an hour before it hits the grill, rumps up the flavor intensity. After that, grilling on very hot plates to make the awesome grill marks, and the lean beef cooks very fast.
The Benefits of Marinating Flank Steak
The marinade benefits the steak in two ways. By infusing the dissolved in water ingredients into the inside of the steak. From the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, onion, honey and the fish sauce, making your every bite full of flavors. Black pepper and chili’s in sriracha are giving the flavor to the surface of the flan steaks.
Grilled Flank Steak with Asian Marinade
- Whisk the soy sauce, red onion, vegetable, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, cilantro, sriracha, fish sauce, salt and black pepper. For this you’ll need a medium sized bowl.
- Add quarter of a cup of marinade and lime juice in a small bowl, and put aside.
- Take a baking dish and put the flank steak inside.
- Pour the marinade mixture on the steaks and place them into the refrigerator for half an hour. Also cover the dish, so the aromas are sealed nicely.
- After half an hour has passed, flip the steak and leave it to marinate for another 30 minutes.
- Prepare the paper towels, remove the flank steak from the dish with marinade and dry them just enough to remove the excess moisture from the surface of the steak.
- Heat the grill to about 450 degrees F.
- Spray the steaks with cooking spray, just lightly. Or you can put some oil on the paper towel and gently grease the steaks, so you don’t wash off the marinade on the surface.
- When the grill is heated, place the steak on the grill. Be sure to close the lid.
- Cook for around 4 minutes, or until charred marks are visible on the steak.
- Flip them over and cook 2-5 minutes more, or until your preferred doneness is achieved. I like mine medium. You can check the inside temperature with meat thermometer. For medium cooked it should be around 135 degrees F.
- Take the cutting board and place the meat on it. Tent with foil and leave it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak and pour the marinade you’ve previously left over the flank steak. Enjoy
- Half cup of soy sauce
- Third of a cup of olive oil
- Quarter cup of red onions, minced
- 2 ounces of maple syrup
- Tablespoon of ginger, minced
- Tablespoon of cilantro, chopped
- One teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of fish sauce
- One teaspoon of sriracha
- Quarter of teaspoon of black pepper
- Two pounds of flank steak
- Half ounces of lime juice
Pin the image below if you like this Flank Steak Marinade Recipe!