Pasta Carbonara Easy Recipe is one of the most famous Italian dishes loved all over the globe. The sauce that is so creamy, made with Parmesan cheese and eggs. Sweat peas and chopped crispy bacon topped on the spaghetti noodles make the best comfort food.
Pasta Carbonara Recipe
The creamy homemade sauce is flavorful and has a nice texture, because the eggs give the richness to this sauce. I’ll give you some tricks and tips on how to make it smooth and not chunky.
I remember falling in love with pasta carbonara when i was a kid, and my mission ever since was to make the homemade Spaghetti carbonara recipe. I was unaware that for this meal i only need a few ingredients. Pecorino Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese (I highly suggest using Pecorino Romano, because it is not Carbonara if it’s not Pecorino, but if you can’t get it, use Parmesan), savory pancetta and garlic. Minced garlic and crispy bacon are the base of this sauce.
The trick, not to mess up the cheese sauce is the eggs should not be scrambled. And to do this, you’ll need to keep the temperature of the stove lower, and constant stir and watch out so the stove is not too hot. You should know that the eggs curdle somewhere between 144 – 157 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also, add a bit of hot water from the cooked pasta gradually and stir. This will help improve the elasticity of the eggs and will make it harder to cloth together.
A hot water bath is perfect to finish the sauce, instead of heating it directly on the stove.
- 32 ounces of water
- Tablespoon of salt
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 ounces of spaghetti pasta
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- Half cup of peas
- 2 whole eggs
- A cup of Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons of parsley, minced
How to make Pasta Carbonara Easy Recipe
- Pour 32 ounces of water into a large pot and add one tablespoon of salt. The salt is used so the pasta is not sticky.
- When the water starts to boil, add the pasta and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Leave the hot water from the pasta aside for later. In the meantime prepare the bacon.
- Add olive oil on already heated (medium heat), large pan. Slowly add the chopped bacon and cook until it’s crispy.
- Add the chopped garlic and saute for about 60 seconds, until fragrant. After that add peas and stir for about 30-40 seconds. Set aside and turn the heat off.
- When pasta is ready, heat the pan again over medium temperature. Add the cooked pasta into the pan. Leave pasta water for later.
- Mix the pasta with peas and bacon for about 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat off again.
- Whisk the Parmesan cheese and eggs in a large metal bowl.
- Combine the pasta mixture with the Parmesan and eggs mixture in the same metal bowl. Stir until the noodles are soaked fully in the sauce.
- Pour quarter cup of hot pasta water very slowly on the noodles. Mix nicely until the pasta is completely coated with the sauce.
- Put the bowl with the pasta onto the pot with boiling water, previously saved from cooking the pasta. The bowl should not touch the water. If needed discard some water out of the pot.
- Stir the pasta continuously until the sauce looks creamy smooth and is thick enough. This should take 1-2 minutes.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Serve immediately!