This Strawberry Lemonade Cake is the Best Recipe for this spring-summer heavenly dessert. Topped with creamy lemon frosting and made with fresh strawberry this cake is the ultimate dessert.
If you’re looking for the best summer combination, look no further because strawberries and lemon are so light that they will complement any meal. Also, we know that freshly picked strawberries are most delicious in the summertime and if you’re growing your own strawberries even better. And to contrast the sweet strawberry cake I made a creamy but piquant flavor lemon frosting.
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 2 cups of sugar, granulated
- 2½ cups of strawberry puree, fresh.
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 cups of flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Half teaspoon of salt
For the lemon frosting
- ½ cup of room temperature butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- zest and juice from 1 fresh lemon
How to make Strawberry Lemonade Cake?
- Heat the oven to about 350 degrees F and grease the baking sheet lightly.
- Whisk sugar and oil together in a large bowl, until they’re well combined.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and strawberry puree and continue to whisk.
- Next, add in the baking powder, flour and salt and stir slowly until just moistened.
- Pour the batter into the previously prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake until the inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake, it should take around 45 minutes.
- Take the strawberry cake out of the oven and let the cake cool completely.
- For the lemon frosting:
- Beat the butter using the electric mixer until smooth. Use a large bowl for this.
- Add in the cream, powdered sugar and lemon zest and mix until smooth. Add the lemon juice gradually and mix until it reaches desired smoothness.
Pin the image below if you like this strawberry lemon dessert!