Are you looking for a heavenly BBQ beef short ribs recipe? Fire up your grill because these marinated Korean Grilled Beef Short Ribs will stimulate and wake your taste people!
Barbecue short ribs with Gochujang Marinade
For this specific marinade, I used a fermented Korean flavourer called Gochujang, that’s made of glutinous rice, red chili, fermented soybeans, and salt. It’s both sweet and spicy flavors and umami from fermented glutinous rice. With this flavourer, you can create delicious Kimchi fried rice and Kimchi Nabe (the Japanese version of Kimchi Jjigae).
I always marinate the short ribs overnight to have the meat deeply soaked with all the delicious flavors.
Where to get the ribs to make Korean Grilled Beef Short Ribs?
All Korean grocery stores in your place carry this type of cut meat. It’s referred to as Kalbi or Galbi. A number of the largest Korean grocery chains are H-Mart and T&T.
You can grill the beef short ribs over charcoal, or if you can’t, you can use a gas grill. In fact, a charcoal grill is often the best if you would like to get the heavenly smokiness. Once the marinaded beef is placed over the hot grill, sear them till they’re nicely charred. They cook really quickly; therefore, you don’t want to overcook them.
Before you dig into the plate, don’t forget to serve it with lots of crisp vegetables. A massive pile of fresh lettuce, spring onions, kimchi, pickled cucumbers, or daikon salad would go all right with this meal.
Sweet and juicy rib bones, tender, smoky meat with a fantastic sauce that will tenderize them. You would like to enjoy these Korean BBQ short ribs along with ones before we formally say adios to summer.
Share the image below to your Pinterest board if you like these Korean Beef Short-ribs!
- 2 lb of beef short ribs with bones
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ½ cup of mirin
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of gochujang, Korean hot pepper paste
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Tablespoon of roasted sesame oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
How to make Korean Grilled Beef Short Ribs
- Soak up the short ribs using cold water for half-hour to get rid of the blood, changing the water a number of times. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and whisk.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours, not less, and up to the whole night, turning the ribs 2-3 times while marinating.
- Prepare charcoal and grill to 450°F, and Clean and gently oil the grill grate. For the ultimate flavor, I like to recommend using charcoal rather than the gas grill.
- Once you’ve added the charcoal to the grill, pile the charcoal to one side. We will use each indirect and direct grilling for these Korean short ribs.
- Remove the marinade’s short ribs and let any excess drip off. Discard the marinade
- Grill the short ribs directly over charcoal till they’re nicely cooked, flipping once to sear the other side.
- After searing is done, move short ribs to the grill surface indirectly over the charcoal to keep grilling (it should take about 5-6 minutes in total). Move to a serving plate and enjoy!!!
If you love these BBQ short ribs, please leave a comment below. Also, be sure to check these oven-baked baby back ribs.