Garlic Butter Scallops with Honey is the meal you will often make after you taste it. Scallops are coated in the most delicious honey garlic butter sauce. I can guarantee that these Scallops will be your family’s most-wanted meal.
Garlic Butter Scallops with Honey
Although I’m not a huge fan of shrimp, the first recipe that I fell in love with is, combining the shrimp with this garlic honey sauce. I guess the secret is in the coating and heavenly honey garlic butter sauce. So I’ve decided to use this recipe on scallops. It was more than a success. Everyone loved it even more than the shrimp version.
How to make Garlic Butter Scallops with Honey?
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4cup of soy sauce
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Lemon juice from one small lemon
- A pound of scallops, large
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- For garnish, green onions
- Whisk the honey, garlic, soy sauce, and lemon in a small bowl. Marinade the scallops using half of the sauce and leave them for about half an hour.
- Add the butter to a medium-sized skillet, turn the heat to medium and add the scallops; discard the marinade for now. Season with salt and pepper and sear for about 3-4 minutes until they reach golden brown color.
- Pour the saved marinade over the scallops. Cook until the scallops are coated nicely and the sauce is thick enough. You can garnish them with green onions if you like.
The taste of Scallops
Regarding the texture, if cooked properly, they are chewy and soft, not rubbery. Scallops’ flavor is delicate and sweet; the closest comparison would be the lobster or crab.
Are Sea Scallops Healthy for you
They are a great source of potassium and magnesium and are 80% protein, so yes, they are very healthy meals.