Death by Chocolate Cheesecake Easy Recipe is full of creamy chocolate and has Oreo crust topped with dark chocolate ganache. So chocolate lovers, can it get a better than this? This chocolate rich cheesecake is a chocolate lovers dream come true.
How do i make death by chocolate cheesecake?
First you make the crust using Oreo cookies. Press the Oreo cookies until they’re small fine crumbs. Add butter and press it on the bottom of a springform pan. Bake it for about 5 minutes and leave it to cool while your preparing the filling for the cheesecake.
For the filling you’ll need about ten ounces of melted bitter sweet chocolate. Beat together cocoa powder, cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl. Mix until they’re smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and eggs and mix. Pour the filling into the Oreo crust and bake. Use dark chocolate ganache for the topping.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, to make the Oreo crust. Pulse the Oreo cookies in a food processor until they are small and fine crumbs. Combine them with butter in a small bowl, and stir until they’re mixed well. Take a 9 inch springform pan and grease it. Press the crust mixture to the bottom of the pan and bake for 5 minutes. Leave it to cool while you’re making the filling.
- For the filling: Melt about 10 ounces of bitter sweet chocolate, you can do this using the microwave. Mix the cocoa powder, sugar and cream cheese using a stand mixer, and beat until smooth. Pour in the eggs and melted chocolate and fold until combined well. Pour the mixture over already prepared Oreo crust and bake for about one hour. Leave it to cool of on a room temperature. Take it out of the spring form pan and place in refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap. Leave it to refrigerate all night.
- For the chocolate ganache: Melt together whipping cream, chocolate and sugar in a microwave oven using a small bowl. Pour over the top of cheesecake and spread evenly.
- For the Oreo crust
- 10 ounces of Oreo cookies
- 3 ounces of melted butter
- Cheesecake Filling
- 10 ounces of melted bitter sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- Quarter cup of sugar
- Half cup of cocoa powder
- 4 whole eggs
- For the Chocolate Ganache
- 6 ounces of chocolate, semi sweat
- 6 ounces of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar