Baked Lemon Pancake with Berry Sauce is a delicious breakfast and it’s so easy to make. It is perfect for serving to crowd and ideal for holidays.
Berries and citrus come naturally with springtime. Pancakes are one of my favorite meals, because they’re so easy to make and there’s no stress. Everyone loves hot pancakes. While the pancake is baking, you can prepare the berry sauce easy. Also we love adding some whipped cream to pancake always.
- For Berry Sauce
- 40 ounces of frozen or fresh berries
- 4 ounces of water
- Half cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- For Pancake
- 12 ounces of flour, all purpose
- 1 whole egg
- Full cup of milk
- Teaspoon of vanilla
- Teaspoon of baking powder
- Half teaspoon of baking soda
- Juice from one lemon
- Zest from two lemons
How to make Baked Lemon Pancake with Berry Sauce?
For Berry Sauce
- Add half cup water, berries and maple syrup to a large pot. Cook on a medium heat until the sauce is bubbly and berries are heated through.
- Mix and stir 2 tablespoons of corn starch and water slowly into the berry sauce to thicken. Do this while cooking.
- Remove the pot, and set aside. Or you can refrigerate for later.
For the Pancake
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Grease the 9 inch pie plate, or you can use the cake pan, round.
- Mix eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, vanilla, baking soda, zest and a lemon juice in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Pour in the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or you can use a toothpick to check by inserting it in the center, if baked it should come out clean.
- Take out of oven and slice into wedges. Serve with berry sauce and whipped cream.
If you have any comments about this Pancake recipe, please leave it below.