This vegetarian keto Zucchini and Spinach Lasagna is gluten free and low-carb. It is made with skinny ricotta, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and zucchini noodles.
How to make the perfect zucchini noodles?
As you see, rather than lasagna noodles, i take advantage of zucchini noodles. So, how to make excellent zucchini noodles? Well primarily, you’ll be able to make them using a sharp kitchen knife, a mandolin slicer, or a vegetable peeler.
I’ve created this Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna over and over and have made the zucchini noddles using all tools. But, my favorite kitchen tool for making zucchini noodles is that the mandolin slicer. Here’s why:
First, it’s the quickest way to slice zucchini. It’s an ideal way to save time while Also, it creates exceptionally even slices, that is extremely vital to bake the entire lasagna equally.
If you’ve got thick and thin zucchini noodles, your lasagna might not cook evenly (some components are going to be cooked and other parts won’t). It’s simple and quick to clean, however after all, you have to be terribly careful since the blades are very sharp.
I like to wear my cut-resistant gloves once I use my mandolin because it provides additional protection.
How to perfectly layer Keto Zucchini and Spinach Lasagna:
- Firstly, spread one cup of the spinach-tomato sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Add a second layer of 6 or 7 zucchini slices over the tomato sauce. The amount of zucchini slices you will use depends on the dimensions of the zucchini.
- Next, place 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of the ricotta mixture over the zucchini slices.
- Top the ricotta mixture with mozzarella cheese. Use mozzarella cheese as much as you like, or as little as you like.
- After that, add another layer of zucchini noodles and tomato sauce. Repeat the layers till all of the ingredients are used.
- Top with additional mozzarella cheese to feature more flavor to this Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna recipe.
- In the end, cover the casserole with aluminum foil, and bake the Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna for half-hour. Uncover the dish, and cook for 10-15 additional minutes.
- After you bake it, take it away from the oven, and let it cool for about 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with sliced parsley, and serve.
Share the image below to your Pinterest board if you liked this Keto Lasagna!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes , along with the juice or 1¾ pounds of fresh tomatoes
- Ground black pepper and salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped basil
- 3 cups of spinach
- 15 oz of part-skim ricotta
- one whole egg
- ½ cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ⅛-inch thick medium zucchini
- 16 ounces of shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon of chopped parsley
- Take the pan and heat the oil (olive oil) over medium heat.
- Put in the onions, and cook 4-5 minutes till they’re soft and golden in color.
- Add the garlic and sauté, being very careful to not burn the garlic.
- Next add the tomato paste and stir nicely. Add the sliced tomatoes, together with the juice just in case you’re using canned tomatoes.
- Add salt and ground freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to a very low simmer, cover, and cook for about half hour.
- Finally, take away from the heat, and add the basil and spinach, and stir well.
- Take the zucchini slices and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with oil spray. Broil for 5-8 minutes and take away from the oven. Wait about five minutes to get rid of any excess moisture with paper towels if necessary. (This part is extremely necessary to avoid the lasagna becoming too soupy.)
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Take a medium size bowl and combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Stir nicely.
- Spread some tomato-spinach sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Layer five or six zucchini slices to cover.
- Place part of the ricotta cheese mixture on the zucchini slices, and top it with mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers till all of your ingredients are used.
- Top with mozzarella and sauce.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil, and bake for about half-hour. Uncover, and cook for about 10-15 minutes more.
- Let it rest 10 minutes before serving, and garnish with parsley.