Today we are going to dive in and show you how to make Turmeric Paste. And take full advantage on the healing properties of turmeric’s healing power. Whether you use it in smoothies, turmeric golden milk, curries or this homemade golden paste is much better than its store versions.
WHAT IS TURMERIC PASTE
Turmeric paste may be a combination of ground turmeric, oil (this can be coconut oil, ghee, or different neutral oils), water, ground black pepper. Also different spices (like cardamom, ground cinnamon and ginger). Heated till melted nicely and changed into a paste for the aim of using it in turmeric milk, smoothies, curries, and other stuff.
Although turmeric is effective on its own, by combining it with different good-for-health ingredients. With cinnamon and ginger, we tend to get to boost its healing properties. With that being said, you’ll be able to make this paste simply by using turmeric powder, black pepper, coconut oil, and water. This turmeric paste can be stored it in a jar in the refrigerator to use in numerous recipes.
BENEFITS OF TURMERIC PASTE
I don’t know about you, but I do my best to avoid taking medication. If I can find a natural and proven way to treat my health problems. For centuries turmeric has been the main spice in Chinese and Indian cuisines and used for a range of health issues. Today, it’s extremely popular in Western cultures because of its antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory properties.
And turmeric is one amongst those great natural remedies. Studies show that the main compound in turmeric, curcumin, is known to assist reduce inflammation, prevent skin-related problems and allergies, scale back joint pain, and facilitate our bodies with building stronger immune systems.
I consume turmeric golden milk once I have a terrible cough that I simply can’t get rid of. Drinking a cup of turmeric golden milk right before bed as if by magic soothes my chest and provides me relief from coughing. Also later helps me get a decent night sleep.
- ½ cup of ground turmeric spice
- one tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- one teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- one teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Cup of water
How to make Turmeric Paste:
- I make my turmeric paste by combining ground turmeric spice with grated fresh ginger, coconut oil, ground cinnamon, black pepper, and water in a small cooking pan in medium heat.
- By whisking it perpetually till the oil totally melts. I use fresh ginger because it’s wide available, however you can additionally use a teaspoon ground ginger instead.
- It is necessary that you don’t overheat it. Because the primary compound in turmeric, curcumin, loses its benefits once it’s cooked for extended periods.
- Once the oil totally melts and everything is nicely mixed, I move it to a medium-sized jar (airtight). You can keep in the refrigerator to use whenever i need.