This naturally sweet and whole wheat chocolate chip cherry bread is ideal for a healthier breakfast or snack and an excellent thanks to using of freshly picked cherries in the summer! These days it’s my whole wheat cherry chocolate chip bread that is exploding with freshly picked sweet cherries and made chocolate chips in each bite.
I begin shopping for cherries as soon as they arrive it in N.C. and don’t stop till they’re gone. And we’re talking massive bags with loads of cherries in them! 🍒❤️
This chocolate cherry bread is excellent as an indulgent breakfast (you understand I like a bit of chocolate early in the morning!), and it’s additionally excellent as a morning or mid-afternoon snack. Goes nice with low or tea. 👌 you’ll even have it as a late-night sweet.
A few notes:
- I use freshly picked Bing cherries. You may substitute another version of fresh sweet cherries if you like. I don’t advocate for frozen cherries for this, as they need plenty of additional liquid that might throw off the batter.
- Need to make these even lighter? I’ve disregarded the butter before (I just used a touch of additional applesauce), and it was still fine. The butter adds a fair little bit of richness tho’ and there’s not abundant within the whole loaf.
- Wish to form these into muffins? I’ve done that, too. I baked it at 325 for 22-25 minutes and yielded twelve terribly full muffins. You’ll be able to get thirteen out of this direction.
- This bread – or the muffins – freeze nicely if you’ve got leftovers you would like to save for later.
How to make Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cherry Bread?
- 2 cups of white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup cherries
- 2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray a 9×5 bread pan with cookery spray and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, bicarbonate, leaven and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, applesauce, honey, butter and vanilla and blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir till simply combined. Fold within the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the ready baking pan and sleek the highest.
- Bake at 325 for regarding forty minutes, till a pick inserted within the center comes out clean.
- Let cool within the pan for 5-10 minutes, then end up and let cool utterly on a cooling rack.