French Toast with Strawberry Syrup and Almond is without a doubt one of the easiest and best dairy-free recipe you can serve for breakfast. This crunchy French toast is on the most wanted list for breakfast for my entire family.
I like a quick family breakfast recipe, and this French toast with strawberry syrup and almonds is a perfect combination. I like the mix of flavors that is a fun game of jelly and peanut butter. Also, the fact that this toast is dairy-free gives it even more value! The almond milk is just as tasty as cow milk, but much lower in calories!
As a crust on this French toast, I used chopped almonds to create a nice texture for every bite. If you’re not a morning person, this type of breakfast could make you become. The smell of that tasty strawberry syrup will make you look forward to a new day.
How to make French Toast with Strawberry Syrup and Almond
- Mix the sugar and strawberry in a medium size saucepan and add half a cup of water. Mix to combine nicely. When it’s about to boil, reduce the heat so it’s just below the boiling point. Stir and crush the strawberries against the sides of the pan. Cook for about 15 minutes, until it’s thick enough, for your taste.
- Whisk the eggs together with milk and move to a baking dish, while the sauce is cooking.
- Slice the bread and dip each piece in almond milk and egg mixture, press both sides of the bread into the chopped walnuts, press as much as possible to coat it nicely.
- Heat the griddle on medium temperature heat, and add one tablespoon of margarine.
- Add the bread slices and cook for about three minutes, before turning the sides. Cook until they’re browned.
- Move to a plate and top with roasted strawberry syrup. Enjoy!
- Three cups of strawberries
- A quarter cup of sugar
- Three whole eggs
- A teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract
- One and a half cups of almond milk
- Eight slices of bread, brioche
- A cup of chopped almonds
- Two tablespoons of margarine, dairy free