Easy Cranberry Salsa Recipe is made with jalapeño, cilantro and citrus has big, bright flavors and it’s done in just 5 minutes! Goes great with bread or crackers with cream cheese for an appetizer, served with chips, over baked brie or on sandwiches!
I like using lime juice and zest, however you may substitute a lemon instead. I’ve additionally seen a cranberry orange salsa so i feel even orange zest and orange juice would work here.
You can also leave some membranes in or add a second jalapeño if you would like to spice this up a bit. As is, it’s pretty delicate.
You need to prepare this ahead of serving it and it’s because it must go in the refrigerator for a minimum of an hour to help the flavors mix and mellow.
You may possibly get away with simply 1/3 cup of sugar in this recipe, if you’re trying to reduce it, however I wouldn’t go below that. (It also can rely upon how tart your cranberries are.)
This salsa can unleash more juice as it sits. you can strain it a small amount or used a slotted spoon if you need it to be drier when you go to serve it.
How to make Cranberry Salsa
- Place all ingredients into a big food processor and pulse till well mixed. Make sure not to over mix, you want it to be just slightly chunky consistency and don’t want it to turn into liquid mush.
- Transfer the cranberry salsa to a bowl cover it nicely and refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving. (This helps the flavors mix and mellow.)
- Serve with crackers or chips, or with cream cheese over French bread slices. Or serve over baked Brie for a holiday appetizer or use to feature to a sandwich or wrap.
Pin the image below if you like this Salsa Recipe!
- 12 oz. of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of green onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeded
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1/2 cup sugar, granulated
- Salt and pepper