Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a Mexican dish stuffed with black beans, tomatoes, and cheese and, in the end, topped with taco seasoning and a lot of cheese for a simple, fun, and delicious family dinner!
I love and enjoy making stuffed chicken breasts. It’s a straightforward way to do chicken breasts for dinner, and the choices are endless!
These Chicken breasts are filled with black beans, tomatoes, and spinach then sprinkled a bit with taco seasoning and additional cheese. Bake them in the oven, add some more toppings and you’re in for some heat, cheesy, mealtime deliciousness!
Notes to Know About This Cheesy Chicken Recipe
- I like these with fresh tomatoes on the inside cause it holds up much better while baking. However, I’ve additionally used salsa rather than the tomato in the stuffed chicken before, which worked too. Simply ensure it’s not too watery/runny.
- I mostly use chopped white cheddar cheese, but Monterey Jack or pepper Jack would be nice here too. You may add a sprinkling of corn inside these stuffed chicken breasts if you’d like. I add the spinach primarily for color here.
- 6 ounces of chicken breasts, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/3 cup of tomato, chopped and fresh
- 1/3 cup of spinach, fresh
- 2 cups cheddar, shredded (or other to your liking)
- 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning
How to make Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and lay them open just like a book.
- Sprinkle the inside of the chicken breasts with pepper and salt.
- Add to every chicken breast two tablespoons of black beans, one 1/2 tablespoons of shredded tomato, one 1/2 tablespoons of shredded spinach, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Fold each chicken breast to close them up and lay it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken breasts with 1/2 teaspoon of the taco seasoning—top every breast with an additional 1/4 cup of chopped cheese.
- Bake the chicken breasts at 375 for 30-35 minutes, till they are parched through. Serve with desired toppings, and enjoy!
(Optional) Sliced avocado, chopped green onions, cilantro, sour cream, Greek yogurt, hot sauce or pickled jalapeños.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 165mg Sodium: 1104mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 3g Protein: 60g