Mexican One Pot Beef and Rice Casserole Recipe is a simple peasy skillet dinner full of all that cheesy goodness, even the rice gets cooked perfectly in the pan!
This is certainly one of my family’s favorite Mexican Dinners and among my favorite recipes to make. As it is bursting with lots of Mexican flavors, yet it’s everyday ingredients, like ground beef and rice, that I usually have readily available, and it is a one-pot meal which can be made on the surface of the stove in a single pot for fewer dishes to wash.
There’s no need to have to heat the oven or warm up the kitchen, and I do have more time and energy to spend with my loved ones|my children rather than washing the dishes.
- 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 of chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 pound of ground beef
- salt and pepper (to your liking)
- 3 Tbsp of taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups of red salsa
- 2 Tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 cup of drained corn
- 1 can of drained black beans (16-ounce)
- 4-oz can green chilies
- 1 cup long grain uncooked white rice
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups of Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
How to make Mexican One Pot Beef and Rice Casserole
- Heat up the olive oil using a large skillet on medium high temperature.
- Add in ground beef, garlic and onion and cook till beef has turned brown, for around 3-5 minutes, ensuring to crumble the beef cooks.
- Add in taco seasoning and stir. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in rice, beans, vegetable broth, Ro Tel diced tomatoes (or other brand you like to use), corn, cumin and chili powder.
- Season with salt and pepper, to your liking.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked well, it should take about 15-18 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Take away from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, it should take about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato, and serve right away. Enjoy!!!